With Thanksgiving just around the corner and the colder months yet to come. Here at Safeway Moving & Storage we would like to start out by wishing you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving. The upcoming Holiday season can bring families closer together over a wonderful turkey dinner, when you are moving this can make things a little bit more stressful.
Here a few tips when selecting movers & moving during the holiday :
- Make sure the moving company is licensed & insured. They must have a local DOT number for local moves and a MC Number for long distance moves.
- Ask for references from their customers. Check their Google & Yelp ratings for any negative feedback
- Check the dates with your moving company . Many professional movers request holidays off, and Thanksgiving weekend is no exception
- Pick a moving date that avoids bad traffic. The worst possible days are Tuesday & Wednesday right before Thanksgiving Day. Traffic congestion is worst the Sunday after Thanksgiving.
- Start donating stuff you don’t need to charity. This will also lighten your load & save you money. It’s also a great way of giving back during the holidays. Charities like Goodwill, The Salvation Army, and Habitat for Humanity are more than willing to accept any and all donations during the holiday season.
- Before you move into your new home, have a security system already installed. Make an appointment with your home security provider a few weeks for an installation before you move. This is also one less thing for you to worry about during moving day.
Moving during the holiday season can be tricky, but when you utilize these tips, you reduce your chances of hitting any obstacles during your move. If you need a hand to move during the holidays, give our Irvine Moving Company a call today for your free, moving quote!