REQUEST A QUOTE
OFFICE & INDUSTRIAL
Planning a commercial move can be a tedious and costly process. Between keeping your office functioning and worrying about moving office equipment or your plant running with minimum downtime, it can be overwhelming just thinking about commercial moving responsibilities.
Luckily for you, our Orange County commercial movers here at SafeWay Moving & Storage provide commercial moving services across all 48 states. Our team embodies the spirit of hospitality through dedicated, professional and timely support services for you and your entire office with office relocation solutions that are tailored to your unique needs.
Office Move Checklist: How to Prepare Your Business for Office Relocation
Moving an entire office requires more than just manpower. It means attention to detail, extensive planning and knowledge of an organization’s systems and procedures. No matter where in Orange County or the Greater Los Angeles area you’re relocating your business to, you’ll need a team of experienced and dedicated commercial movers.
Before contacting your office moving company, it’s best to run through a few preparatory steps on the following checklist:
- CREATE A TIMELINE: Schedule your relocation based on important dates and make note of them in your calendar.
- VISIT YOUR NEW SPACE: Visit your new office or plant space. Ensure that the maintenance issues are taken into account and the appropriate personnel is hired to handle any tasks that need tending to (i.e. painting walls, finishing floors, etc). Take the time to scrutinize and develop a layout as needed.
- UPDATE COMPANY MATERIALS: Ensure that all your important documents reflect your business’ new address, phone number and contact information.
- DISCARD NON-ESSENTIALS: Get rid of any office clutter that has no functional use. Unusable furniture, desks, chairs, and old decor have no place in your new office space and can be easily discarded. Also, shred any documents that are no longer usable and which may have your former business address on them. If you are relocating a plant, or industrial enterprise, talk to our moving coordinators for extra steps and strategy.
- CREATE AN INVENTORY LIST: Prior to relocating, develop an inventory checklist to ensure the complete delivery of all important commercial equipment and documents. Clearly label each box, paying special attention to any that have important documents.
- PREPARE THE NEW SPACE: Ensure an easy transition for your employees by setting up gas, water, electricity, phone lines and any other vital utilities prior to relocating. Make sure the movers have access to unloading zones at the new facility and loading areas at your current office. A major office relocation has implications on many of the businesses around your new facility, especially if their driveways or parking spaces are being temporarily obstructed. Notify the surrounding businesses if they will be temporarily blocked.
- MAKE MOVING DAY SIMPLE: Distribute enlarged copies of how your new office/plant should be laid out so that the movers can easily place the appropriate boxes with their matching spaces.
- TAKE SECURITY PRECAUTIONS: Hire security personnel to keep watch over sensitive materials, like classified documents or computers. Security personnel can also be used to monitor suspicious street activity during the relocation process. The security personnel should be given a list of authorized office employees and movers who are allowed into the new facility as well as the existing one during the moving process.
- NOTIFY CLIENTS: Keep your business running and notify your clients of the new work-space. This can ensure your services run without any interruptions. Customers should be kept updated especially if your office will be out-of-service for a few hours or days.
- WORK WITH A PROFESSIONAL COMMERCIAL MOVER: Before planning your office relocation, talk to the office relocation specialists at SafeWay Moving & Storage. We take pride in offering you our expertise, authoritativeness and trustworthiness when helping corporations shift to new facilities. SafeWay Moving & Storage will protect your office furniture and property by utilizing our packing supplies as well as our clean, regularly-maintained moving trucks. Our wardrobe boxes, belts and bubble wraps ensure your office equipment will be free from damage during your office transition. Need special equipment for large or bulky items? We have that too!
Contact Us Today For Your Office Relocation Services!
SafeWay Moving & Storage has the professional expertise to move your company’s assets safely and efficiently. We offer a free estimate for all relocation services!
Contact us today at (949) 639-0330 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help create an estimate for your office relocation needs!
Our Clients Feedback
These guys are the best! They were on time, respectful, very considerate and extremely careful with our move. The crew has been working together for 8 years and had a very smooth rhythm, and it showed. Price... read moreCarl F.6 days ago
This is a first class company from the very first phone calls you will make to the company you will understand that this is not just any business, but rather a family that deals with great pride in taking wonderful... read moreAmy F.1 week ago
Provided friendly and efficient service with care for our belongings. We've lived through a number of corporate moves and throughout the country over 20+ years. This is our first experience at hiring movers ourselves and this was a positive... read moreBeverly K.4 weeks ago
I recently had to move out of my old home and needed a moving company as well as storage for my items as we wait for our new home to be ready. Safe-way moving was recommended by a friend of... read moreNancy X.1 month ago
We had an excellent move experience with Alex and his crew. Professional, smart, thoughtful, efficient. Handled everything with the utmost care and found effective solutions to our challenging apartment layout. Very good value for money, highly recommend!Marta B.1 month ago
I wanted to leave a review and say thank you Safeway movers. Moving is very stressful and testing even the patient of souls. But Matt and Gary came in and uplifted everyone's spirits as they worked professionally and efficiently... read moreChristine K.2 months ago
3 years ago, in 2018. We moved from a two bedroom to a three bedroom. It was my first time using them. I had 3 guys, they were incredible! They move fast and did not waste time. They wrapped our... read moreKat W.2 months ago
I spoke with Roy at Safeway. This is a first-class moving and storage company. They had what I needed, which was long-term in-warehouse storage in big wood walk-in storage cases. Very accommodating company. I see why they have so many... read moreRandy L.2 months ago
Great job, fair price, quoted fairly Arrived on time and very pleasant to work with. Would highly recommend. Care with all our moving!Pamela B.3 months ago
Great experience with Safe Way - these guys were awesome! Honest and upfront with their pricing, competitive, punctual, and quick! Even the moving truck was spotless. A very professional and polite crew - they made what is... read moreDan W.4 months ago
Mike, Mike, Cody, Cody were the A-team that helped us with our recent move into our new home. What can I say.... Moving can be stressful, especially so because we had to handover our previous home to the new owners... read moreSalima L.5 months ago
We called Safeway Movers to move us from a 4 bedroom single story house to a 3 bedroom two-story house. Our Safeway team was Mike M., Mike R., and Eric R. They were amazing! We had a bunch of very... read moreNoelle G.6 months ago
This was my second move with Safe-Way and both moves were exceptional. I contacted Safe-Way for a move across town. Kacee responded to my move request within a day and was wonderful on the phone -- very polite and knowledgeable.... read moreDeb F.6 months ago
Matt (the team leader), Mauricio, and Irving did a flawless job moving us locally in Huntington Beach. Matt came in the day before to pack our kitchen and dining room, with much of the fine china and crystal going... read moreJames L.6 months ago
I chose this company because it was top of the list in stars and reviews. And they were GREAT. Starting with the first call. Friendly and helpful. Called me two days before the move date to confirm. Then on our... read moreStuart K.7 months ago
This is THE most amazing moving and storage crew. They are friendly, helpful and efficient. Great folks. They take great care of your things, arrive on time and make sure everything is done to your satisfaction. We have used... read moreDiane M.8 months ago
Mike and his team were amazing. Everyone was so friendly and professional. They worked super hard and are worth the hourly rate. Zero dings to our house and nothing broke. We used them for packing and moving. Can't recommend Safe-Way... read moreRob S.8 months ago
Called this moving company to get an estimate for a move out of state and spoke to a very nice and knowledgeable agent name Roy. Although they did not have an availability for my last minute moving date, Roy... read moreRusty L.8 months ago