The Only Moving Checklist You’ll Ever Need
- Check all your boxes, make sure they are properly closed and labeled
- Double-check your home to make sure you didn’t miss anything!
- Plan to be home when your movers arrive
- Check the USDOT number on the side of your moving truck. It must match the number on the contract you signed! This will help you avoid moving scams.
- Protect your floors and carpets
- Sign the movers’ inventory list and get a copy to ensure that nothing is lost en route.
- Turn off lights, lock all windows and doors as you leave. If you are renting, drop off your keys with your building manager!
- Make sure you have your “moving day bag” with enough supplies to hold you over until the unpacking is complete.
- Get to your new home early and check that utilities are connected
- Make a safe path for movers to navigate
- Remember to tip your movers!
- Thank your real estate agent
- Make your bed, unpack the necessities and take a nap! You did it!!
Request Quote - Packing/Storage